Would you like to join a fast-paced environment that offers opportunity for advancement in a growing steel fabrication and welding industry? Join the Cobalt Industries Ltd. team in Portage la Prairie, there are frequent opportunities for motivated workers.
Welding and Fabrication Shop Foreman
Cobalt Industries Ltd. is a fast paced, continually growing, steel fabrication and welding shop located in Portage la Prairie, Manitoba. We are seeking a Shop Forman for immediate start.
This position requires an experienced and detail-focused individual. The ideal candidate will have a background in fabrication and welding and have the drive, organizational, and leadership skills required to lead a dedicated team of metal fabricators.
Key Responsibilities Include:
– Manage work in progress and set and maintain shop production schedule.
– Ensure all tasks are completed safely and efficiently, meeting customer delivery expectations.
– Ensure that all company and industry regulated quality standards are maintained on all fabricated equipment.
– Ensure welding quality meets company standards on all jobs.
– Work extended hours as per job requirements.
– Completion of Quality Control checks and forms as required
– Strong leadership, supervisory skills, organizational, problem solving, and project management skills.
– Ability to meet challenging deadlines in an efficient and profitable manner.
– Some basic computer knowledge – MS Outlook email and MS Excel
– Ability to read Blueprints and engineering fabrication drawings
– Strong welding knowledge and application, SMAW, GMAW, GTAW, and FCAW/MCAW. Ability to recommend proper procedures for specific jobs and provide guidance to employees.
– Flexibility to travel and work on site when required.
– CWB Welding Tickets (transferable)
– CWB Welding Supervisor Course an asset
– Journeyperson Trade Certification an asset
Based on Qualifications and Experience
How to Apply:
Send Cover Letter and Resume via email to email@example.com and include Shop Foreman in the subject line.
We appreciate all candidates’ interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Opening for Welder/Millwright/Mechanic
Cobalt Industries Ltd. is looking for dynamic individuals to join our expanding facility in Portage la Prairie, MB.
Terms: Monday to Friday from 8 am – 5 pm. NO SHIFT WORK. There will be out of town work required. Some out of town work will require employee to stay overnight with lodgings provided. Overtime may be required in the evenings and on weekends depending on company work load.
Preferred Experience: Experience in welding, fabrication, mechanics, machining, construction, and general labor. Valid certifications such as Journeyman status, Canadian Welding Bureau tickets, etc. are an asset. Valid driver license is required.
Physical Requirements: Attention to detail, bending, kneeling, crouching, standing, sitting, walking, lifting.
Skills & Attributes Required: Speak, read and write English, excellent communication skills (verbal and written), ability to build credibility and strong partnerships at all levels, punctual, hard-working, problem solving skills, ability to work under minimal supervision, desire to continuously upgrade knowledge and skills in trade, leadership skills
Compensation: Based on experience, benefits after standard 3 month probationary period
Duties: Duties include welding and fabricating, grinding, cutting, breaking, shearing, lifting, job preparation, operating machining tools for fabricating parts, operating hoists and other lifting machinery such as forklifts, and other duties as required.
The successful applicant will be required to complete basic safety training prior to start date. Safety information and materials will be provided.
Send your qualifications, credentials, and a detailed work history to Amanda by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax at 204-857-9998.
Only those candidates who qualify for the position will be contacted. We thank you for your interest.